Machine Design | KitaabNow

Machine Design

 2,319
  • Author: Robert L. Norton
  • ISBN: 9789353062408
  • Publisher: Pearson Education
  • Edition: 5th
  • Publication Date: 2018
  • Format: Paperback – 1092 pages
  • Language: English


Share
Description

Machine Design, 5th edition presents the subject matter in an up-to-date and thorough manner with a strong design emphasis. This textbook emphasizes failure theory and analysis as well as the synthesis and design aspects of machine elements. The book points out the commonality of the analytical approaches needed to design a wide variety of elements and emphasizes the use of computer-aided engineering as an approach to the design and analysis of these classes of problems.

Key Features
  • An integrated, case-based approach – This textbook emphasizes failure theory and analysis as well as the synthesis and design aspects of machine elements. The book points out the commonality of the analytical approaches needed to design a wide variety of elements and emphasizes the use of computer-aided engineering as an approach to the design and analysis of these classes of problems.
  • NEW – New sections covering the fundamentals of kinematics have been added to Chapter 3. These will be of value in those curricula where kinematics has been added to the machine design course syllabus.
  • Case Studies – The text is structured around a series of ten case studies that represent realistic design problems.  These case studies present different aspects of the same design problem in successive chapters. The case studies provide a series of machine design projects throughout the book that contain various combinations of the elements normally dealt with in this type of text. The assemblies contain some collection of elements such as links subjected to combined axial and bending loads, column members, shafts in combined bending and torsion, gearsets under alternating loads, return springs, fasteners under fatigue loading, rolling element bearings, etc.
  • Problem Sets – Most of the problem sets (75%) are independent within a chapter. The other 25% of the problem sets are still built upon in succeeding chapters. These linked problems have the same dash number in each chapter and their problem number is in boldface to indicate their commonality among chapters. For example, Problem 3-4 asks for a static force analysis of a trailer hitch; Problem 4-4 requests a stress analysis of the same hitch based on the forces calculated in Problem 3-4; Problem 5-4 asks for the static safety factor for the hitch using the stresses calculated in Problem 4-4. Thus, the complexity of the underlying design problem is unfolded as new topics are introduced. An instructor who wishes to use this approach can assign problems with the same dash number in succeeding chapters.
  • NEW – Over 90 problems are added or revised with all being in SI units.
Table of Contents
  1. Part I: Fundamentals
    1. Chapter 1 Introduction to Design
    2. Chapter 2 Materials and Processes
    3. Chapter 3 Kinematics and Load Determination
    4. Chapter 4 Stress, Strain, and Deflection
    5. Chapter 5 Static Failure Theories
    6. Chapter 6 Fatigue Failure Theories
    7. Chapter 7 Surface Failure
    8. Chapter 8 Finite element Analysis
  2. Part II: Machine Design
    1. Chapter 9 Design Case Studies
    2. Chapter 10 Shafts, Keys, and Couplings
    3. Chapter 11 Bearings and Lubrication
    4. Chapter 12 Spur Gears
    5. Chapter 13 Helical, Bevel, and Worm Gears
    6. Chapter 14 Spring Design
    7. Chapter 15 Screws and Fasteners
    8. Chapter 16 Weldments
    9. Chapter 17 Clutches and Brakes
Additional information
Weight 1.610 kg
Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Machine Design”

Menu
Categories
*Data Not Found